The Powder Room


Monday, February 14, 2011

Simple Sandra Dee Hair How To ( 2!!!)

Hello Vintage Lovers!
Today I am going to show you 2 vintage simple up dos.Yes 2!!! The first one is that classic girl next door pony tail with fringe ( or no fringe , your choose). Last but not least a timeless french twist.
Here is what you need:
Hair spray, Bobby pins, Medium size rollers, Pony Tail holder.
1) The Classic Pony Tail






First set your hair in medium sized rollers. All rollers are facing down.

Rollers being taken out

Then brush your hair in a medium low ponytail. Not to high nor not to low.

Take a section of hair from your tail, and wrap it around 1 and a half.

Pin the wrapped section in to the tie.

If you have banged tease them just a bit

Brush fringe to the side.
 
Finish with hair spray!!




 
 
2) The classic French Twist
 

Since you have body in you hair from the roller set. Tease your hair on top.

Tease Tease Tease!!

Smooth down tease and begin brush your hair in one side.

Take your bobby pins a start to pin your hair. cross each bobby pin for supreme hold.

Take other side of hair and think victory roll!! Brush it into a roll and bobby pin it on each end.

Finish with hairspray!!!


I really hope you enjoy my hair style how to! Its very simple but yet glamorous.... vintage girl next door!!
If you have any question feel free to ask!!
Hope You Have A Very Vintage Day
Tootles
Miss Amethyst

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU for this! Everyone assumes everyone knows how to do classic styles, like a French Twist, but I never learnt and never had anyone to show me. I will have a go this week and share my results photographically if they work out OK!

    Miss P xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ..make my day!